Tuesday, January 28

Being overreacted.

Hi everyone. I think I may have overreacted on the issue of allowance.

Well, apologies for those people that are affected by that not that there are any obvious apparent effect.

This makes me realise how fragile we are as a human being. I mean when we are in such a distressing situation, we tend to overreact. Don't we?

I suppose there are several things that I would like to change about myself with regards to this.

I have a little bit of savings but it was just barely enough to sustain my basic living.

I read a book by Adam Khoo. Can't exactly remember the book and don't even bother to look it up but it is something along the line of being successful financially. I'll tell you guys once I had time to look for it. He said in his book one of the criteria of being financially free is able to sustain present living for at least six months without much difficulties from savings alone.

In other words, enough savings to sustain current living for six months or more. Even better, the money comes from passive income not ordinary income. It is way more complicated in his book but I just take a gist out of it.

At the moment, I have only ordinary income and to Robert Kiyosaki, author of 'Rich Dad Poor Dad', that is the most dangerous situation at all.

However, it is important to note that I am still a student and I am guaranteed a funding at least until I graduated in 2016.

Despite being a student, I should not overlook this matter because after all, we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle).

Therefore, I should start incorporating some of the ideas behind behind being financially free so that it become a habit.

The most important thing to ask right now is why not how because why will keep you going but how will only gives you ways to get there.

Why I should be financially free?

In the world that I am living, everything needs money. Without it, it is very hard to proceed with normal life. Not just that, it is hard to do good deed if you have no money. I am not saying that we can only do good deed when we have money. What I am saying that if you have no money you have to employ other resources to do good deeds like your time, your energy and everything else apart from money.

One thing about that is that it is very counter productive especially if you want to incorporate good deeds as your routine. Just imagine. If you have to use your time and energy to do good deeds, what is left of your time and energy for your Creator, to do things that will enhance yourself so that you can get more money and hence more good deeds?

It is not wrong to use your time and energy once in a while to help people. Not wrong at all and in fact it is something that you must consider. However, note 'once in a while' not every single day of your life.

I am happy to work on projects that help people so long as it was plan and executed properly.

Therefore, it is important to be financially free to do good deeds and live a healthy happy life.

With regards to what entails to be financially free, it is another topics on its own. I will make another post on that.

Just to put future Syafiq in context of what is happening, I am going to write a bit about what is happening the past couple of days.

Usually, JPA will bank in allowances on 24, 25 or 26 of every 3 months. This past 1 and a half years, 24, 25 and 26 of every 3 months have always fall on weekdays. Hence, not much problem. This time it was Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Due to the fact that everybody in the banking world has a life on weekends, it is understandable that they do not operate on weekends hence, I need to wait for weekdays for my payments to be processed.

It is distressing for me. Couldn't sleep with ease for the past few days because I worry about all due payments.

Coincidentally, the late in allowance coincide with the fact that the value of Malaysian ringgit drops to one of its lowest level. Yesterday, the value of Malaysian ringgit against pound falls to RM 5.545 for every £1. Previously it was around RM4.9++. I wonder what would the value be in 2025. To future Syafiq, please update me what is the value of MYR against GBP in 2025.

That is not important. What important is how I respond to it. I manage to not be so emotional but I did over react a little bit. I should not complain especially not in Facebook. Hence this reflection.

A point of reflection. Go check with JPA when exactly are they going to bank in your allowance. Don't just complain. Do something. Don't expect people to feed you with everything. Work for yourself.

There are a couple of points I would like to check with future Syafiq though. I hope you still remember this day. The day where you are determined to be financially free not just to live a happy healthy life but also to do good deeds to mankind. Do you still keep this aspiration of yours?

One more thing, are you the CEO of any company now? Have you started your own venture? How many children do you have now? Did you managed to get PhD from Stanford? I am dying to know how are you getting on with your life right now. Tell me ye.

Oh.. before I forgot. Next time, in the face of challenges like this remember to acknowledge people who might be affected by it way before hand before it occur so that we did not create distressing situation like this. Remember to be proactive and don't create avoidable problem for people. It would have been nice if there is anyone to tell me exactly when allowance is coming in so that we don't have to be in such distressing situation. Even though this is the ideal case, we never know what is really happening. I wouldn't mind giving them a bit of a leeway with regards to this because I believe they have thousands of students to look after to and I don't want to be such a burden to them. You know who I refer to right.

However, when it comes to you Syafiq, you won't get away with this kind of behaviour. You will answer not just to me but to the Creator why you did not prevent this problem when it could have been easily avoided with a simple e-mail explaining how things will go every single freaking month.

You know why I am so strict on you? Because you are different. You have the potential to reach the stars and you won't reach them unless you push yourself to the limit. Most people says they have done their very best. Don't bother what others told themselves. It is their life so respect it. Important thing is to ask yourself. Really? Is that the best that you can do? Seriously?

This brings me to the next quote. People seldom do things to the best of their abilities. They do things to the best of their willingness.

Whenever you thought of giving up Syafiq, know that you have reached the limit of your willingness not your abilities. You can do more even though you fail so many times.

OK. I guess I wandered off for a lot now. Don't want to stray more from the topics. The point I would like to remind myself and future me, be absolutely prepared for everything even things that you are unprepared.

Speaking about this, I am currently thinking about how to prepare for things that we can never be prepared of or things that we are unprepared simply because we haven't thought about that. This will be one of the title of my next post. Lots of ideas coming in. Need to brake it one way or another.

In essence, be a thinker and you will be able to keep improving and achieve your dreams.

The problem is not important. What important is how you respond to it. (Prof Muhaya)

With that, I rest my case.

For now.
Post a Comment